Since 2013, nearly 700 executives, graduate students, and rising professionals have successfully completed this set of modular courses training them to use principles of shared value, collective impact, design thinking, and adaptive leadership. Each module provides a grounding in theory and principles and then provides hands-on practical experience through a real-world practicum.
Core Collaboration Concepts Series
Welcome to our Core Collaboration Concepts Series. In this short series, we’ll introduce you to many of the core concepts we use in CollaborateUp Academy to identify different ways of thinking and acting that can unlock different paths to thriving especially when tackling some of our world’s toughest problems.
Facilitation Skills Training
Bringing groups of people together can be challenging and frustrating. Hence why many of us struggle to hold decent staff meetings, never mind conduct the kind of gatherings that generate great thinking and co-create new possibilities. This half- or one-day course gives participants hands-on experience and insights into proven principles and techniques they can use to more effectively facilitate groups.
“The course was great! Great value and great insights into collaborating with various partners in multiple situations.
It really changed my thought process and how I view situations with our clients and stakeholders.”
CollaborateUp Academy participant
How to Build Effective Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships
This course is an interactive proving-ground to quickly learn, test, and develop concrete skills and plans for tackling tough challenges that require multi-sector, multi-stakeholder collaboration including how to:
- Lead colleagues and stakeholders through the CollaborateUp Formula for co-building multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Develop Lean Startup social innovations that help fulfill development outcomes
- Convene and facilitate large groups of people from multiple organizations/sectors through a structured yet adaptable partnership-building process
- Create one-page business plans that capture everything participants need to get out in the world and start collaborating to tackle society’s toughest problems
- Design experiments that prove the business case for collaboration
How to Co-Design & Co-Create Shared Value
This course module encapsulates our more than 15 years of experience working with Fortune500 companies, community-based and faith-based organizations, international NGOs, and governments at all levels to create collective impact programs based on creating ‘shared value’ — where the strategy and mission of stakeholders intersect to solve tough social and environmental problems. During this course participants will learn how to:
- Identify the intersection of the goals and objectives of multiple organizations, especially companies in the local private sector and multi-national corporations
- Develop one-page business cases that articulate the value of working together
- Create a specific target list of companies to engage
- Research the goals and objectives of these companies and how to reach them
- Develop a country-based strategy for private sector engagement
Through USAID’s Office of Acquisition and Assistance, Professional Development and Training Division (M/OAA/PDT), CollaborateUp can provide specialized training and technical consulting services to USAID Washington and mission staff to help modernize USAID’s future business practices.
CollaborateUp will work with PDT and the requesting Mission or Operating Unit teams to tailor course modules in two areas: “How to build Effective Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships,” and “How to Co-Design & Co-Create Shared Value.” Each course is intended to help Missions and Operating Units contribute to the Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR) and execute on USAID’s private sector engagement policy. The courses will provide foundational learning and skills in each area, with a focus on applying learned principles and practices to real-world problems. If you are with USAID and interesting in learning more, contact Aziz Yousuf at USAID at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t see something that meets your needs? CollaborateUp can work with you and your team to build a custom training. Let us know more about your needs and we’ll be in touch to co-create a course with you.
“The course actually aids with more than just collaboration – it helps drive thinking into issue clarification, meeting handling and setting up, communicating with stakeholders. I loved it!”
CollaborateUp Academy participant