Jump Start Collaboration
CollaborateUp brings people together around the tough issues they face in common to quickly create innovative solutions using the CollaborateUp Formula.
Sometimes these solutions take working across multiple organizations or sometimes they take multiple people within one organization. We call these problems in the commons. With no one owner of the problem, there can be no one owner of the solution -- regardless the scope or scale. Working together, often with strange bedfellows, is essential to addressing and tackling tough issues. Our tools and techniques bring people together for a common purpose to co-create solutions, making every outcome more powerful.
Collaborate Within Your Organization
Got big issues that require collaboration across your organization? We work with you to apply the CollaborateUp Formula to bring stakeholders together around shared issues like sustainability, culture, and innovation. Whether it be a half day workshop for senior management, a high level training for your entire department, or an ongoing project for a specific issue - we work with you to tackle your big challenges.
- Create shared vision. Enlist senior leaders to accelerate the innovation and culture change you need to achieve your big strategic objectives. Adapt industry best practices and create internal champions for change.
- Engage and enroll employees. Co-design an experience for your colleagues that will build community while training them in new skills and techniques for collaborative efforts.
- Speed-up ROI. Collaboration takes time and work. We stand with you as you form partnerships and implement initiatives providing expertise, resources, and an ally in generating a return on your investment.
For more information about CollaborateUp's consulting services, contact us today.
Collaborate With Multiple Organizations
Ready to tackle issues that need multiple companies, NGOs, and governments to succeed? We work with you at every step in the process, providing structure and process to efforts that can often feel disjointed and messy. The CollaborateUp Formula provides a step-by-step approach that ensures true co-creation and partnership while speeding up and reducing the cost of collaboration.
- Create shared understanding. Solving complex problems takes a sophisticated understanding of the facts. We get the people and organizations with the most at stake in your issue on the same page about the data.
- Secure commitment. We work with you and them to define a shared possibility for the future -- one that they are prepared to invest time, money, and their personal social capital to acheive.
- Speed-up impact. Failing fast, failing forward requires pilots and experiments to test and scale what works while shutting down things that don't. Together we co-create experiments with measurable impact.
Become a Certified Collaborator
Collaboration takes work. It also takes practice, trial and error, and experiential learning. We adapted rapid development tools to accelerate this learning in a 2.5-day Certified Collaborator training program that provides hands-on experience using the CollaborateUp Formula and its tools. You gain powerful techniques for jump-starting collaboration and can go back to your organization and lead your colleagues and partners through the CollaborateUp Formula, including:
- Advanced facilitation. Facilitating effective groups of multiple stakeholders and executive leaders on a common problem.
- Fluency in developing Minimum Viable Partnerships. How to document the important building blocks you and your potential partners/stakeholders need to know to get out in the world and start collaborating.
- Completing Partner Model Canvases. Using this tool to create one-page business plans for social innovation.
- Applying the CollaborateUp Formula. Developing plans for actively engaging potential collaborators and defining experiments to test specific partnerships and programs.
To learn more and apply for the next CollaborateUp Academy, visit the information page.
Connect with Peers at Collaboration Nation
At CollaborateUp, we value failing fast and learning from mistakes, as well as successes. The more we share our stories, we can develop best practices together. No team, organization, or industry can function without proactive collaborative efforts and Collaboration Nation is here to support each other along the way.
- Latest news on cross-sector collaborations. Read and share stories on today's leading collaborative efforts.
- Articles and entries on best practice. Collaboration is an art and science. Collaboration Nation aggregates resources to help the community learn from best practice stories, mistakes of failed collaborations, techniques to advance collaborative efforts, and other anecdotes and facts that make for stronger shared value engagement.
- Industry updates. Collaborating takes awareness of what's happening, not just in your industry, but across sectors and industries that may be a strong partner for your organization.
To share your stories and learn from others, join the Collaboration Nation today.